British Standards / Specifications
The Sesame System is CE marked, as it meets all the requirements of relevant EU directives.
Sesame Access moving stair systems are built to the following regulations:
- BS 6440:2011 Powered lifting platforms for use by disabled persons
- BS EN 1570 Safety requirements for lifting tables
- Electrical Standards to BS 7671
- Machinery Directive (98/37/EC)
- Machinery Directive (98/37/EC)
- European standard EN 81-41 for vertical platform lifts intended for use by persons with impaired mobility(European Standard)
- Steps have been taken to protect against any hazards that could be encountered when using the lift such as crushing, trapping, falling or tripping, physical or electric shock and fire hazard from use of the lift.
- At each site installation the Sesame is designed to provide sufficient space at entry and exit to allow easy access by the user to and from the platform. Care is also taken to avoid restrictions in the approach to and from the lift site.
- For Sesame Systems with trained users that rise above 300mm a wheel stop of 100mm in height will rise to prevent a wheelchair rolling off the platform lift.
- For Sesame Systems with trained users that rise above 500 mm we provide a self closing door, gate or barrier at the landing level.
- For Sesame Systems that travel above 1000mm to 2000mm, we provide automatic gates on the platform lift and at the landing level.
- The stairs and the platform lift always move at safe speeds no more than 0.15 m/s.
- The platform lift is designed to support the most adverse loading conditions.
- There must be at least 2 meters of head clearance from the platform lift to the ceiling when it is at the upper level.
- A stainless steal, roller shutter blind, bellows or an aesthetically pleasing skirt of the customers choice will protect the components of the platform lift.
- The Sesame System has safety measures conforming to the British Standards, including reversible gates when blocked and emergency stop buttons. The Sesame can be fitted with a battery powered backup system to safeguard against a power cut.
- The Sesame System can be fully battery powered.
- The Sesame has a standard easy to use control system, however we can provide for custom made control systems unique to the customer. We will ensure they conform to the British Standards. The Sesame will have a master shut down mechanism, e.g. Key.
- All mechanical and electrical components are protected from external effects ensuring the system can be installed and run internally and externally.
- The electrical power supply for the equipment conforms to BS 7671:992. All electrical components conform to the British Standards.
- The Sesame System is thoroughly examined and tested before each installation.
- Sesame can arrange a maintenance and servicing contract. Services should be performed every 6 months.
- Sesame Access Systems will have an engineer available in the unlikely event that the system should fail.
- It is an important duty of this Company in the conduct of its business operations, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all its employees therefore Sesame Access Systems has a detailed health and safety policy.
Sesame Access platform lift has been assessed and past by the third party TUV. The Sesame lift was assessed to:-
For a detailed look at all the British, European and International Standards please visit the BSI Homepage
Some areas of BS 6440:2011, (Powered Lifting Platforms for use by Disabled Persons-Code of Practice) that the Sesame System conforms to are as follow: